These days it feels like there are a million different platforms to help you market your business. Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, TikTok, and Pinterest probably lead the pack. So how do you know which one to use, and when? How do you target your desired audience? What makes Instagram different from the rest? Let’s find out.
Did you know? Instagram is the second most used network behind Facebook. They boast an impressive one billion active monthly users and 500 million daily Instagram Stories.
Why market yourself and your business on Instagram especially when you have limited time as a start-up or small business. Let’s look at the science behind marketing success on Instagram.
We know that consumers respond better to visual information. When people engage with well-written text based-content, they retain between 10% and 20% of the info. However, when you combine that text with visuals, your visitors can now recall 65% of the information you’ve shared.
People love Instagram for its visual-forward layout. As the saying goes, a picture is worth 1,000 words. And this is good since Instagram will only allow you about 200-300 words per post anyway. Want to make the most of those words? Our top-notch marketers and copywriters know that space well, and how to best utilize it to grow your audience.
What about Paid Strategy on Instagram?
Instagram also makes it easy to target (and re-target) your key demographic. Targeting the right audience is key to success on any platform. But how does Instagram specifically help you reach your target audience?
- Location: Whether you’re advertising to the whole world, or just one small city, getting your ad to a desired location is easy with Instagram.
- Demographics: Do you want to target English-Speaking men in their 20s and 30s? Great! Instagram can pinpoint both language and gender demographics.
- Interests: Base ads on what other pages your audience follows on Instagram. Using this information you can directly target your competitor’s followers.
- Behaviors: You can define your ad’s audience by the actions followers take on (and off) Instagram. For example, easily retarget potential customers who have visited your website but have never made a purchase.
What are Instagram Stories?
Instagram Stories work slightly differently from regular posts. Only lasting 24-hours, they work much like Snapchat* in that they offer a quick way to reach out with the types of posts that wouldn’t usually fit within your brand vision on Instagram.
*- In fact, Instagram Stories were developed as a direct response to the success of Snapchat. While Snapchat’s temporary videos still out-perform Instagram Stories, Instagram Reels have found a unique mid-point between Instagram and Snapchat, and are currently outperforming both in engagement and memorability.
Instagram Stories are great ways to post special offers, behind-the-scenes stories, new product teasers, and other more engaging content. It is still visually-driven, still requires thought and planning but can offer something different alongside your everyday posts.
Why use an agency?
Using an Instagram marketing agency dedicated marketing company like Dia Creative incorporates your brand voice and effectively brings it onto social media platforms like Instagram. We helps you manage your Instagram account, connect with target audiences, and grow your followers organically to promote your products and services.
Here are a few examples of the primary job of our Instagram marketing team:
- Market research: We help you define your target market to create a strategy that works within your desired target demographics.
- Competitor analysis: We analyze your competition to take advantage of their strengths and weaknesses and make sure you remain a step ahead.
- Written content: We write engaging and high-quality content for your posts that get the attention you need.
- Visual content: We create and share fantastic visual content, including photos of products, infographics, charts, and more.
- The right hashtags: We find the best hashtags for your business to attract and engage the followers that will perform for your business.
- Engagement: We engage with your followers by replying to comments and messages, which helps improve your relationships with your customers.
The benefits to your business?
Increased brand awareness and loyalty: By including the right hashtags and the best images in your posts, we increase your overall brand awareness. The more people that get familiar with your brand, the more followers your business profile will have, and the more followers you have translates to more sales you make.
Simplified purchases: By setting up the “shop now” tool within the app, we help your followers to visit your online store with a single click. This straightforward way to shop allows you to close more deals.
Did You Know: 72% of users will purchase a product after seeing it on Instagram?
The Short Story
Instagram is an amazing platform with rich capabilities that most people don’t have time to dive into properly. To make sure you’re getting the most out of Instagram and any other platform you use, you need to partner with an experienced agency. The Dia Creative team understands that trying to run lean and compete in a growing marketplace can seem impossible, but with the right people and systems in place we can optimize your small team to outmaneuver the competition every time.